Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread)

Go down

Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread) Empty Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:33 am

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Looks like you've all taken a shine to answering the questions I provided, just as good! But seriously, at some point we should really work on a Creative HQ. I'm thinking we could call ourselves the Guild of Artisans/Architects or something. o3o

Anyways, keep the answers coming; I'm absolutely loving what you're all sharing here.

What's your name (or preferred name)?
What's your biggest source(s) of inspiration?
What's the one project you would love to see created?
What's your favourite type of block, and why do you love it?
If you could choose a block to be added into Minecraft, what would it be?

Feel free to add anything else you want underneath your answers. Smile

My answers:
You can call me Daioro, or Dai; I'm fine with whatever as long as you're comfortable with it.

Let's see... Lots of things really. Of note, I tend to be inspired by ruins, temples, shrines, and other places of worship. I'm also really keen on structures that look other-worldly or in defiance of reality. Things that challenge your perceptions.

Oooh, maybe Tokyo-3 from NGE. That place was awesome. Very Happy

Half-steps! They can be stacked in strange and awesome ways. They make it look like blocks sitting on top of them are floating, really adding to the feeling that something bizarre is at play (this is especially true for buildings I make for the Kingdom of Paradox.)

Upside-down half-blocks. For sure.

Last edited by Daioro on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because you know why.)

Back to top Go down

Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread) Empty Re: Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am

Fatigued_Llama. Llama's fine, but try not to use Fati, as people tend to confuse that with ihatef4tkids.

I'm really dazzled by 60's Soviet archetecture. Say what you will, but they knew how to build. Also into astronautics, previous projects have shown that (scale Saturn V with launch tower)

For those who have heard, that one thing. Otherwise more rockets.

Wool was what I used for the Saturn V, and it's what I'll be using again!

Some sort of variation upon the standard iron block. It's too iron-y.

Back to top Go down

Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread) Empty Re: Builder Intro Thread (Formerly the Collab Suggestion Thread)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:46 am

My name is Chloe so i like to be called Chloe ^_^

My Interior/Exterior/Landscaping come from The Sims, The Terrorforming comes from Age of Empires and that little touch of cuteness and happiness in my creations come from Animal Crossing *i have no idea why to this day*

Honestly, This is going to sound weird but i would love to see a Theme Week of some sort, Example "Halloween" Where we have to set up traps at our front doors, Dress up in really cool costumes and get to put pumpkin and cob webs everywhere. To me, that's a good server project because anyone can do it and its not limited to what skills you have Razz

What's your favorite type of block, and why do you love it?
My fave type of block would be the...Planks Very Happy It makes a room so cozy and warm.

I want more flowers in the game Very Happy But a block in specific, i want Shelves, so we can show off our items Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 pm

damnit chloe my eyes are bleeding from the colors :I

Name
- thebadbull / badbull / bull. i also respond to Martin, but it's not preferred.

Inspiration
- lol idk. my best ideas are very impulsive.

Project I'd like to see
- for some reason, tyholt-tårnet

Most Awesomest Block
- grass blocks.

Wanted blocks
- huh, haven't really thought about it. mirrors i guess.

Last edited by thebadbull on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I blame the keyboard.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 pm

bubblefish4 but you can call me bubbles

Art, Relics, History, Drama, Photography, Animals, Etc etc.
I can really get inspiration from anything.

I'd like too see the temple in Bolivia from Tomb Raider: Legend created.
(The temple is the first part of the game it's just after the short tutorial)

I'm not sure i have one, But i do like glow stone Because it's a good light source i guess.

Hmmmm, Ummm disco balls would be pretty cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm digging these lovely posts, it's great to see what people like and what they wanna work on. We could use any of these as potential projects in the future!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am

damnit chloe my eyes are bleeding from the colors :I

BETTER?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:31 am

obiw0n / ben in RL

Family, friends, technology & the universe - I don't think it gets much bigger than that!

Hard to say... it would have to be massive, complicated yet elegant and sufficiently epic overall.

Netherbrick, because it's new and unique. Typically stone brick because it looks good and it works.

Italian marble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down