Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Movie Thread!

Go down

The Movie Thread! Empty The Movie Thread!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Talk about your recent movie experiences, in theaters, DVD/BluRay, Netflix, VCR, Youtube/Online Streaming, etc whenever you see a movie. I'll start with my "The Hunger Games" review.

My Rating: 8/10
The Hunger Games might be a book that was not meant to be turned into a movie. The movie itself is very good and is true to the book, but the changed perspective slightly lowers the quality of the narrative because it does not let the audience in on Katniss’ thoughts. The experience is changed because of that. This was needed to make the movie “work” though. Obviously, certain pieces or portions of the book have been removed, but the story is still the same. One thing I was saddened by was the removal of several witty lines from both Haymitch and Effie Trinket. The visuals are impressive, the action (Although PG-13 rated) is good, and the explanation of things was well done. As a stand-alone flick it is very good and as a stand-alone book it is fantastic. When combined, the first chapter in this series is a wonderful visual and narrative experience. I would recommend both the movie and book to anyone.

Last edited by mysticmightg on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Movie Thread! Empty Re: The Movie Thread!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Kids died, that's like an 11/10 in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:05 pm

asdf Hunger Games 8DDDDDDD

Uh, wait. Constructive comments are needed.
I caution you, there may be spoilers, intentional or not.

I would say 8-9/10.
The movie was very nice. As expected, some parts were not as good, and some parts were not in the movie altogether. The lack of the background of District 12 before the Hunger Games seems like the movie doesn't immerse the viewers into the society. And like Mystic said, the narration of Katniss missing from the movie due to the nature of the story probably drew a lot away from the movie. At least her faces, reactions, and body language helped show her thoughts sometimes more than the book narration did.

There were some scenes that I thought were absolutely amazing though. The reaping, "the girl on fire", the start of the games, and the explosion of the food were moments where I thought they were excellently done. Most importantly was the music, or lack thereof in some cases. With the reaping, there was no music, and that was the best thing to do. It almost seemed like you were there, a child of District 12 waiting for your name to not get picked.
Then there was the "girl on fire". The fact that the flames were there was astounding, because I was actually worried that the flames would not be accomplished.
The start of the games... I think this was my favorite moment because of the music. I'm sure most people would think a moment like that would be fast paced, action-oriented, blaring music in your face while the tributes grabbed the goods. Rather, it was the opposite. The camera's shakiness blurred the death of the 12 tributes (and making it more PG-13 lol) and the music was completely fitting given the confusing, blood-pumping-in-your-ears feeling that the tributes felt. It really felt like to me that I was right there, running for my life attempting to grab goods to begin the bloodbath of the games.
Finally, the explosion. The sound ringing in your ears and the muffled voices really felt like I was deaf or had my hearing impaired, which only makes sense. It made up for the narrative Katniss gave when the explosion was triggered in the books.
I can't stress this enough, but the music was absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, I'm going to continue to fangirl until Catching Fire comes out as a movie. And may the odds ever be in your favor ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 pm

BLEIIIIGH!!!!! Going to see it this weekend for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:27 am

Yeah, there were really some excellent moments that only a film could portray in such a way. I have to say, on a more random note, that apartment they stayed in was fucking awesome. That was my sort of design style!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:47 am

Yes, the apartment was sure awesome. Especially the giant window.
But those chairs at the table... they have to go :I

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I saw The Hunger Games at 12:00AM on friday.
First people to watch it Smile
The Hunger Games is my all time favorite series so I had to love the movie :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Jemikwa wrote:asdf Hunger Games 8DDDDDDD

Uh, wait. Constructive comments are needed.
I caution you, there may be spoilers, intentional or not.

I would say 8-9/10.
The movie was very nice. As expected, some parts were not as good, and some parts were not in the movie altogether. The lack of the background of District 12 before the Hunger Games seems like the movie doesn't immerse the viewers into the society. And like Mystic said, the narration of Katniss missing from the movie due to the nature of the story probably drew a lot away from the movie. At least her faces, reactions, and body language helped show her thoughts sometimes more than the book narration did.

There were some scenes that I thought were absolutely amazing though. The reaping, "the girl on fire", the start of the games, and the explosion of the food were moments where I thought they were excellently done. Most importantly was the music, or lack thereof in some cases. With the reaping, there was no music, and that was the best thing to do. It almost seemed like you were there, a child of District 12 waiting for your name to not get picked.
Then there was the "girl on fire". The fact that the flames were there was astounding, because I was actually worried that the flames would not be accomplished.
The start of the games... I think this was my favorite moment because of the music. I'm sure most people would think a moment like that would be fast paced, action-oriented, blaring music in your face while the tributes grabbed the goods. Rather, it was the opposite. The camera's shakiness blurred the death of the 12 tributes (and making it more PG-13 lol) and the music was completely fitting given the confusing, blood-pumping-in-your-ears feeling that the tributes felt. It really felt like to me that I was right there, running for my life attempting to grab goods to begin the bloodbath of the games.
Finally, the explosion. The sound ringing in your ears and the muffled voices really felt like I was deaf or had my hearing impaired, which only makes sense. It made up for the narrative Katniss gave when the explosion was triggered in the books.
I can't stress this enough, but the music was absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, I'm going to continue to fangirl until Catching Fire comes out as a movie. And may the odds ever be in your favor ;P
Agreed... on the rating

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

my older brother went to go see it...without me...i was sad and mad...i was like...DONT RUIN IT...i wanted to see it tho...i didnt kno he and his friends went to see it...he said he was going to the mall...turns out he went to movies...too...now...ima go and beg my parents to take me...if they say no because im getting halo-REACH {i dont care if people thought it was bad thats there opinoin}ima be mad...soooooooooooooo...can anybody give me money{JK} i kno this is long text...but guess what...I DONT CARE...i kno im not that funny...but if someone tells me every single detail of the movie im am gonna be preety madbecause they...SOILED IT SOILED IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:03 pm

I saw the movie at 12:00AM on Friday. Fukin amazing

Hence why it is the 3rd Best movie release or something (Behind Batman DarkNight and one of the Harry Potter Movies)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Hey look the original post was edited :0

Now let's go to the real reason why it was changed.
I saw 21 Jump Street today, and I felt like talking about it. Maybe others have seen it, maybe they haven't; we don't really have a way to know that. Instead of making a new dying thread, let's make one large thread to talk about all movies Very Happy

So, back to 21 Jump Street.
Thought it was hilarious. Korean Jesus just about killed me while watching the movie.
Apparently the movie's based off of a TV series, but I've no clue whether there is some connection between the two other than the fact that the original characters appear briefly in the movie.

If you want a lot of laughs, go see it.
If you don't like idiotic drug busting, science classroom behind-the-scenes explosions, Peter Pan play shenanigans, wild parties, go suck a dick.

That is all Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 pm

HALF IN THE BAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 am

Oh hey, my kind of thread!

This is my vote for best movie of all time. THE classic courtroom drama.

Brilliant sci-fi movie. No lasers or explosions, but thrilling all the same.

Dark comedy at its finest. Stanley Kubrick and Pete Sellers, that is all.

Bill Murray. Enough said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:39 pm

My favorite movie is be kind rewind :DDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

i saw the lion king in 3d a few months ago if this counts...Honestly, i still give it a 8/10. Mainly because i fucking hate Zu-zu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down