Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About our creative map.

Go down

About our creative map. Empty About our creative map.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:22 pm

In this iteration of our great server, we have finally added a map to separate the use of creative "hax" from normal, survival-based play. This is a world where people with the passion, ingenuity, and drive to create the grandest and most impressive projects can free themselves from the shackles of surviving and focus on pure building and creativity.

However, with great power also comes great responsibility, and access to the full capabilities of this gameplay style won't be given to just anyone. This is primarily an area for the best of the best to truly show what they're made of, not an area to "play minecraft" in. With that in mind, I have set the map up thus:

1. The total size of the map is 4300x4300, 4000x4000 of which lies within the ultimate border.

2. Parts of the map will be reverted regularly to clear out old/abandoned builds and regenerate the land so that new people can try out new projects on a clean slate.

3. Users who are very trusted will be allowed to use tools such as VoxelSniper to help create their builds. Lower level users will still be allowed access to VoxelDoop tools, which in themselves are extremely helpful. Users who are trusted and show interest in becoming snipers can sign up to become LiteSnipers, and will be personally tutored by myself.

4. We have a multi-world inventory system set up to prevent cross-world exchanges of items, so don't even try it.

If you have any thoughts or questions, post them in the thread here.

Last edited by Lunar Delta on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

About our creative map. Empty Re: About our creative map.

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am

I wanna sign up for light sniping lunar ;D

About our creative map. Litesniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:34 am

Sounds legit, a little bit more clarifications on how to be "trusted", in order to be allowed into creative (Not interested myself, but my friends are).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 am

Not sure if this answers your question, but I'll give it a shot and have you clarify more afterwards Razz

Everyone and anyone can go into the Creative world via the World Tree portal not far from Spawn. Anyone can use mats from Creative to build small scale things that are temporary, within 600m in any direction from the spawning portal.

However, in order to get into the large majority of the land past the border, you must have a project planned out and set for approval by the mods. It isn't a personal thing (at least I don't think it is), it's based off of whether you have a project that is cool or "worthy" enough to use the land past the border.
(even though I said worthy doesn't mean that everyone's work will get rejected if you might think it's crap. If it's planned out and seems massive enough, we'll take it into consideration Very Happy)

And if that didn't answer your question, you can clarify what you meant and I can adjust my response to answer any of your questions c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:01 am

Can we get some signs leading towards the Creative Tree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I'd like to sign up for sniper training, I've played around with it a few times myself but never really knew what I was doing. I would like to learn how to use it to its full potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm

I'd like to sign up for sniper traning, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Daioro will also be helping with Sniper Training, so if you see him online, feel free to ask him as well.

Also, if you really want sniper training badly, go here:

http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelSniper

And read it very carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Or you could just ask any other mod out there who isnt doing anything. Anytime im on, i could help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Yeah, I'm willing to help as well if I happen to be on, especially after this Friday~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

I removed the sandbox limitation because it was causing issues with cross-world teleporting. However, old, unused, abandoned, or just plain ugly builds will still be regenerated to keep things looking clean.

Last edited by Lunar Delta on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 pm

i'd really like to try some sniping. I'll read up a lil bit, but i'd probably want to talk to you about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:18 pm

how can a creative building be... used? there is no real use to a building in creative, unless your testing redstone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down