Clay generation

Go down

Clay generation Empty Clay generation

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Me and thelamp have been discussing this, but with the way online hoarding works all the natural clay disappears rather quickly. just like pumpkins and mossy. but if clay balls were to drop from another block at a small chance it would be possible to crate some large brick structures without forking out every mineral you find.

We were thinking clay balls could be dropped from sand, since that is where it's normally found anyway. Ozaen suggested gravel, since no one likes/wants gravel anyway.

Opinions?

Back to top Go down

Clay generation Empty Re: Clay generation

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:55 pm

If it's added to gravel, flint should NOT be removed since I, and probably other people, use bows. That's just my opinion though... It would have to be an extremely small chance to get it too, just barely above the bone drop chance from smoothstone. And not able to be gained from torch mining... yea...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Adding clay balls to sand is actually a good idea. Clay is starting to get more scarce in the server and people still want to build brick houses Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Have you decently explored the coasts far away from spawn? There is alot of clay still out there. After circling coast after coast for period of 2 days. In the end I had half a chest = Something like a shitton.

Until we are absolutly certain that all clay reserves have been depleted, I suggest you all explore each coast with meticulous scrutiny. People don't get all the clay on one coast everytime.

Its a good idea don't get me wrong. But we have to draw the line with this new drop system somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

HeavyMinerGuy wrote:Have you decently explored the coasts far away from spawn? There is alot of clay still out there. After circling coast after coast for period of 2 days. In the end I had half a chest = Something like a shitton.

I did the same thing, after a few rl days of exploring I have found ~21.5 stacks of clay BRICKS, thats 256 processed (red) bricks per stack, that's just under 5500 processed building bricks. And I only went in a straight line starting at the compass, think how many you could get in the uncharted lands by starting at a corner of the map moving around the edge. CLAY IS NOT SCARCE, just go look for it... But my previous suggestion still stands, make clay-from-sand drop rate less than bone-from-stone drop rate if it happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down