Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referal Ranks

Go down

Referal Ranks Empty Referal Ranks

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:45 pm

I was thinking, if someone refers x number of people who then turn into regular visitors the the server, they could get certain perks, such as money off sponsored ranks, or limited trusted abilities.

I've also been thinking, trusted members could also get money off when they get a sponsored rank.

Just a thought. Blank me if it's shit, give me the heads up if you think it's good, just so's I can be happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Referal Ranks Empty Re: Referal Ranks

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:09 pm

I don't agree to the 'recruit' system. Then we'll get spammed with n00bs and people who really don't care. It rewards people not based on their actual character, which should be the base of any trusted rank.
And as for the idea for reduced price for trusted members to become sponsors...nah. I think there should be some abilities that can't be bought, thus giving the trusted rank some value. But sponsors are NEEDED to keep the server running, the more they give the better. Sponsors should be rewarded for their wallets, trustees for their character. I don't want to be too harsh, but I believe these ideas have all been discussed fairly thoroughly before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Great suggestion but the rank system has been brought up and suggested many times before by different ranks. The ranks will remain the way they are, and perks occasionally do change depending if the game play changes, example, with spout, donate $75 and get a cape or a custom title for over your head.

I do like your idea with the trusted should get a bit of a discount with the sponsor rank but the sponsor ranks aren't to further your game play, they are rewards for donation to the server and the greater the donation the greater the reward.

But i will throw in one of my ideas now (cos I'm hypercritical xD) May i suggest not as rank but as reward, if a donation of lets say $200 is made can the choice of creative mode be consider. fly can be disabled so there's a choice, fly or supplies. I think this will help encourage more donations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Creative mode gives you fly when vanilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I appreciate your input, but ranks are based on character and contribution. Referring people to the server is a wonderful thing to do, but becoming Trusted requires dedication and time, and "higher" ranks require monetary contributions to help keep the server running.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 am

ihatef4tkids wrote:Creative mode gives you fly when vanilla

it can be turned off by admin so you can only walk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 am

The thing with the n00bs and stuff is why I was thinking that it should only be for members who get dedicated, good, and possibly paying members of the server.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 am

Well they are perks for donating and this starts to make it more like we are selling Minecraft stuff. I'm not going to go into detail but I'll plainly state that donations are donations and not purchases so I doubt there would be reason to give people a discount on a donation. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

Forgive me if it seems I'm getting pushy, but what about a separate thing for referrers? Like being credited like a sponsor in the title?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 am

While we appreciate your input, this has never been a practice and probably never will be. Many people over the one year we have existed have brought their friends here, and referral recognition has never been brought up or discussed seriously.

That is not to say referrals are not appreciated, but they are generally considered to be something that a person should do of their own volition because they appreciate the server and want to share it with their friends, not for personal gain or recognition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 am

Lunar Delta wrote:While we appreciate your input, this has never been a practice and probably never will be. Many people over the one year we have existed have brought their friends here, and referral recognition has never been brought up or discussed seriously.

That is not to say referrals are not appreciated, but they are generally considered to be something that a person should do of their own volition because they appreciate the server and want to share it with their friends, not for personal gain or recognition.

That is a very good point. I'll shut up now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum